We're looking for talented and motivated student interns to help us build and scale the world's first calculation management platform for construction engineers!
The construction sector wastes billions of dollars on design errors yearly, and material wastage on building sites is one of the most significant contributors to global emissions.
We believe these key issues plaguing the sector can be addressed with better design processes and better data management tools for engineers. That's why we’re building CalcTree!
CalcTree is a platform designed from the ground up to help engineers better manage their calculations and for engineering teams to more effectively and consistently create sustainable and innovative designs.
We're a remote-first, VC-backed startup, and are now looking for talented people to join our team as we build out the platform's first version.
As an engineering intern at CalcTree, you'll be working closely with our resident structural engineer and COO, Tim Rawling. You'll help him structure and build out our engineering data repository that will feed directly into the CalcTree product and be used by thousands of engineers around the world.
You’ll also work closely with our tech team helping to test early versions of the CalcTree platform and key features.
Unlike internships at traditional design firms, this role will have you leading work and making decisions with an immediate impact on the direction of the business from day 1. This provides you with a unique opportunity to create tangible value, an experience that will be invaluable for your future career.
Read more about the benefits of Interning at CalcTree here.
- Explore and list relevant engineering calculations by discipline and across Global Standards.
- Work with the founding team and industry professionals to prioritise platform content.
- Help to build and write technical engineering articles.
- Build calculations to test functionality and optimise usage.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a basic understanding of relevant Australian design codes.
- You have strong skills in MS Excel.
- A basic understanding of data analytics and some abilities in Python is desirable.
- On-going internship with full-time and part-time opportunities available. We are flexible with timings.
- This is a rolling application and we'll be in touch with applicants periodically.
- The chance to connect with engineers from top employers.
- Working closely with industry experts and the company founders.
- Develop a broad understanding of design and methods analysis.
- Unlike typical engineering internships, get exposure to the world beyond just design and learn how projects and businesses really get built.
And the most important bit...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box.
As a company that deeply values diversity and inclusion, we are keen to hear from you even if you don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description. So don't hesitate to hit Apply or reach out and we'll do our best to see if you would be a great fit for the role.
If you're excited by this opportunity and are ready for a new adventure, We'd love to hear from you. Send your resume, introduction or any questions you might have directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get right back to you!